Friday, May 11, 2012

The Paper Mixing Bowl - Recipe Challenge #3

This was quite a challenge to me because the photos were not the best quality but I had to be involved as my grandmother (I called her Ma) was such a huge part of my life and I miss her everyday.  When her plants or bulbs she gave me come into flower I get the chance to say " hello Ma, nice to see you again this year".  She died in her 93rd year.
I've used Stampin' Up Kraft cardstock with Merci 'Timeless' paper that I've distressed and cut for the weaving and I've stamped the edges with Brilliance Ink.  The large white flower and the bling is from Zva and the cream and pale green flower are handmade by me with antique buttons for the centres.  I've sprayed the flowers with Glimmermist and I've used a Kaisercraft rub-on and clock stamp and the frame at top centre is from RW Laser Cuts.  I applied Ranger Perfect Pearls to the three mounting cards and the frame.  Other products used were ribbon, an old key that reminded me of Ma's house key and Tim Holtz Liquid Pearls in the Title 'Ma".
And now a couple of close-ups.

7 comments:

  1. Wow Sandra - what a beautiful layout! Great use of the Recipe for May - I love how you incorporated the weaving! A wonderful tribute to your Grandmother!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Paper Mixing Bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome, love the strips of papers great page :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra, what a GORGEOUS layout and amazing tribute to your Grandmother. I too LOVE your weaving but my most favourite part is your journalling - your Ma sounds like she was a very interesting and special lady.

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Mixing Bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love the weaving design you chose and also love the distressing. I can really see how much love went into the entire design. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did an awesome job using the recipe!!! I LOVE the weaving!!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous. I love the weaving and how you used the sketch. Beautiful tribute to your "Ma".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this layout! The paper choices in the weaving are great! Nice job with the sketch. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete